Nicole Sinclair Consulting - Our client, a Hotel based in Abuja, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to help deliver on corporate objectives in the position above.
- The Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing all Rooms Division, of a serviced apartment facility operations to deliver an excellent Guests’ experience while evaluating guest satisfaction and setting department targets and objectives.
- He works together with the Front office, Facility and Project department.
- Manages the general operation of the Front Office eg Reception, Reservations, Concierge and housekeeping department.
- Oversee Housekeeping operations including, but not limited, to Guest Apartment, Public Area and Laundry.
- Evaluate Guest satisfaction levels and monitor trends with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Coordinate very closely with the facility, Front office and Project department to achieve desired goals.
- Operate within departmental budgets through effective stock and cost controls and well-managed work schedules.
- Monitor the appearance, standards, and performance of the Room Division Team with an emphasis on training and teamwork.
- Ensure team members have an up-to-date knowledge of all room categories and amenities.
- Maintain good communication and work relationships with all other departments and with external customers and suppliers.
- Ensure staffing levels cover business demands.
- Conducts periodical in-house training.
- Ensure communication meetings are conducted and post-meeting minutes generated.
- Ensure team members comply with security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation.
- Proficient in property management systems.
- Assist other departments wherever necessary.
- Ensure the department adheres to policies and procedures.
- Should possess at least a BSc in Hotel Management, Business Administration or a related field.
- Should have at least 10years of professional experience in hospitality environment or related field, similar/equivalent supervisory/managerial experience.
- Good financial awareness.
- Knowledge of opera software.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- High degree of initiative.
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations.
- Should have a good knowledge of sales and Marketing as would be responsible for revenue generation via the front office.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.